LIFE. BLISS. ENERGY. INSPIRATION. JOY. PURPOSE. DRIVE. CREATION. ABUNDANCE. MANIFESTING. BEAUTY. LOVE.

18 July 2011

summer sun.burn

In the heat of a sticky summer day
when the world is closing in
the spring and rain is far away
and everything suddenly feels
a little too quiet
a little too warm
and limp
from too much sunny languishing

you are here
always
cooling fires of doubt
about time
about life
about my own misgivings

I feel like my core is heating up
ready to burn everyone
before exploding
and scattering a million pieces of me
all over the world
for people to pick up and bring back home
or not
bother to pick them up at all

but you are here
through all of it
you stay watching
and waiting
holding me
giving my fear
wise words
and time to realize
that while I am sometimes so lost
I haven’t moved from
out of your arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment